Hello, readers! For those of you still with me despite my infrequent posting over the last year, I'd like to share a new project I just finished up.
I'd been wanting to take part in a Blockheads Technique Challenge, and when they issued the call this month to work with simple bookbinding techniques, I just knew it was the perfect time to join. I've been making handmade books for years now, and even though I find myself drawn to more complicated binding techniques nowadays, it's always nice to get back to your roots. This little book was a blast to work on, and the added motivation of winning something fun from Blockheads kept me in the zone and focused.
ancient woman I had stamped onto the first inside page. A sheet of acetate was attached to add some stability and keep the cover from flopping around all willy-nilly.
I embossed a piece of acetate using my Sizzix as well, then used alcohol inks once again. I love embossing acetate!
Detail of the acetate page.
I had so much fun creating this, and it's got me wanting to make a few more books. I already have a rough idea in my head of the next one I might make.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other players via the blog hop!