Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Studio Table

Just a quick post today as I play along with Seth Apter's (the creative voice behind The Altered Page) Studio Table project. Seth asked artists to join him in sharing a photo of their messy tables mid-project. My table is often much, MUCH messier than this when I'm working on something, but time constraints during the last week have left me without many opportunities to really get down and dirty. I did have a couple hours the other day in which I was able to pull out my Gelli plate and work on some monochromatic prints, so I snapped a photo then.


I'm almost embarrassed that it's not messier! Ha! 

Pop on over to Seth's blog today to see all the other contributing artists and their own wonderfully messy tables. 

10 comments:

  1. LOL! I know what you mean. I was thinking I should mess mine up a liitle more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 weeks ago my table was a wonderful disaster while I worked on Christmas cards, but alas, I didn't snap a picture!

      Delete
  2. Holy moly this is one tidy area! Mine looks like this about once a month when I finally can't see any more table space! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost sad that it's so tidy, huh? I do tend to clean up after almost every project, but when I'm really deep into something, I can make quite the mess. Not this time, apparently! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried an egg carton yet. What a great idea. Your table is very politely messy. Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The egg carton makes these awesome circles! I just love it. "Politely messy", haha, I like that! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Ha, Jessica! I had the exact same issue ;). PS- don't you just love the Gelli Plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have a lackluster mess. ;) And yep, I absolutely love my Gelli plate! Normally, I make a huge mess when printing, but this time I limited myself a bit, and so ended up with this...not so messy table. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried the gelli plate yet but hear everyone really likes it.
    nice to meet you through seth's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete