Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A thank you card for someone special!

My buddy Dana over at Kismet, Art and Life recently sent me a wonderful package of goodies (including the new PTI set Take a Bough!) for my birthday, so ofcourse i had to send her an extra special card to say "Thank you". i worked on this card over the course of a couple days (i'm often in and out of my craft room trying to juggle the rest of life and art, too!). i was very happy with how this one turned out.


i actually colored the roses with Prismacolors first, but when the rest of the card began to overwhelm the main image, i went back over it with markers. i actually liked the combo of the two, though you wouldn't know by looking at it that i'd used pencils, too.

Ingredients: CS - stash, Paperbilities; stamps - $1 stamp from A.C. Moore (roses), foam harlequin stamp, SU!'s Noteworthy; ink - Ranger Distress ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk, Marvy LePlume II markers; ribbon -Bobbin ribbon; brads - MM; pop-dots; Prismacolor pencils; envie from Office Max (don't know brand).

4 comments:

  1. I tried so many ways to figure out HOW you colored the roses! DUH! *smacks forehead* It looked like markers, but it just had something else and the shading was too perfect to be JUST markers.
    I love, love, love this card.
    I want to post it on my own blog, but couldn't get a good photo of it yesterday. I will try again this weekend...maybe outside!

    Thanks Jessica, for blessing me with one AWESOME card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW -- can you tell I LOVE this. Oh my this is a true work of ART!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete