Monday, May 9, 2011

Reorganize, rearrange, remember.

Mixed Media Canvas, made for a swap.


Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop by my blog during the A-Z Challenge; i really appreciate it!

i have been so busy lately reorganizing my studio in preparation of opening an etsy shop. i've needed to do it anyway, but the prospect of opening a shop gave me that final push to just make it happen. i'm nearing the end, though later i may still need to tweak things a little, but my space will be much better utilized now, that's for sure. As i sort through boxes and piles of supplies, i am reminded again just how much one can accumulate after nearly 2 decades of being an artist/crafter. It's a bit overwhelming, but i'm not complaining one bit. Having these supplies makes me feel very grateful, and excited to create future projects.



i'll be back to posting a bit more often soon, but for now, it's back to the studio to get this job completed.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! I love the use of mixed-media in art. It just adds a little more dimension and depth to things, I feel. Where did you get your inspiration for this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Uri! The inspiration for this came from my partner's profile - she likes Gothic architecture. i'm hosting a swap series focusing on small mixed media canvases. This is from the first round where the rules were to use green as the main color and to include texture.

    By the way, this is Jessica - blogger is not letting me comment on my own blog properly...

    ReplyDelete