Friday, July 20, 2007

Wild and Wonderful

i have had the great fortune in my life to be able to travel a lot, thanks to having a father who worked for United Airlines for many years. i have been to almost every state, including Alaska and Hawaii, and even out of the country - New Zealand and England. i mention this to say that after all that exploring, i still love West Virginia, where i lived as a child until i was 7. My dad still lives there, in the house where we lived and that he and my mother and grandfather built.
i did most of my traveling with my dad when i was a teenager. Along with a love of travel, he also passed to me a love of photography. He himself is an amazing nature photographer. i love all forms of art, and photography is very close to my heart. i wanted to share a few pictures i took in West Virginia. These are about 4 years old, but some of my favorites.




3 comments:

  1. Jess these pictures are sooooo beautiful!!! Great Job with the photography!! Eric is originally from WV, he grew up there and moved after he graduated. He was from the Princeton/Bluefield area. We have been down there several times over the years to see his mom and it is so beautiful-I love the mountains!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Really amazing stuff Jess. My In-laws all live in WV (where my DH is from), and I have to agree with you, it is a wild and wonderful place. You have captured exactly what WV evokes in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, those are beautiful shots! They are home, that's for sure. It is still wild and wonderful. My SIL, Dana, said it all -- "exactly what WV evokes in my mind." You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete